I come from a rural part of Southern Ireland where I noticed feelings were something to be held on to and managed alone. This intrigued me to explore the intimate nature of beings and to explore our behaviours towards one another. I moved to Wales to follow my heart in love and found a love of much more there too.
Taking the first step towards my career in facilitating human connection through my level two counselling and continuing on through my degree, this enabled me to start becoming more aware of my own emotions and understanding myself better.
As I progressed through my journey of learning through exploration of shame, frustration, control, and guilt. It became clearer and more predominant that I wanted to help others to travel on their journey of exploration also.
On completing my degree and still eager to continue my education. I have come to accept that being ‘good enough’ is massive and stopping to take a breath for a moment to just accept what is, can be a huge relief and important in looking after your self.
Qualifications and Training
- BA Hons Counselling level 6 – 2018-2019
- CPCAB Counselling level 2 – 2016-2017 (1 Year)
- FDA Counselling level 5 – 2016-2018 (2 Year)
- ASSIST Suicide prevention – 2018 (CPD 2 Day)
- IARTT Rewind Technique – 2018 (CPD 1 Day)
- SURE Mental health first aid – 2018 (CPD 2 Day)
- TA101 – 2018 (CPD 2 Day)
- MBACP – registered member of the BACP (British association for counselling and psychotherapy),
I hold an enhanced DBS certificate and I am insured with Holistic Health Insurance
Find me also on the counselling directory and psychology today…
and on the British association for counselling and psychotherapy (BACP) register…